Introducing the 2018 Newbery Reading Challenge!

By anakdenesor - Januari 15, 2018


 I decided to join  the fifth year of the Newbery Reading Challenge! I can add on Newbery and Caldecott books to my reading list. Since I have access to most of the books so my goal for this challenge is Avi: 45 - 59 points. I hope I can reach my goal =)


Here are the rules:
Each book you read is worth points. You get:
  • 3 points for a Newbery Medal Winner
  • 2 points for a Newbery Honor Book
  • 1 point for a Caldecott Book (Both Medal winners and Honor books are worth a point.)

In addition to that, you pick a level to aim for:
  • L'Engle: 15 - 29 points
  • Spinelli: 30 - 44 points
  • Avi: 45 - 59 points
  • Lowry: 60 - 74 points
  • Konigsburg: 75+ points
 Challenge Guidelines:
  • Rereads count (because you were probably a kid when you read it last, and your perspective on the story just might have changed since then).
  • Audiobooks and ebooks count.
  • And paper books count, too. :)
  • All books must be read between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018. Books begun before January 1 don’t count.
  • Books can be used for other challenges as well.
  • You don’t have to have a blog to participate. You can link up reviews from Amazon, Goodreads, etc., or just hang out with us in the comments!
  • Reviews are encouraged, but not necessary.
  • Choose your point level. You can always aim for a higher point level, but you can't move to a lower one.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments